SORRY, THIS CPD SESSION IS CANCELLED DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL.
This year we’ve decided to so something for pastoral, PSHE and SRE teachers for International Men’s Day – the 19th November 1000 until 1230.
It’s a Saturday morning and I’m going to be joined by experts in the field to discuss how we can help men and boys to navigate the world, make society safer and challenge some stereotypes and issues around male identity and health.
Expert speakers Nic Ponsford (founder of Global Equality Collective) Michael Conroy (Men At Work CIC) Christ Reddy (Bright Leaders) Kamal Hyman (Aim A Little Higher) and Graham Goulden and Cate Knight (adolescent counsellor and mental-health crusader) will join me to discuss a number of issues that affect young people today:
- Empathy Lightbulbs and how to switch them on.
- As adult material seeps into childhood how can we open discussions around healthier relationships and consent?
- ‘Aspirational Misogyny’ and how to discuss it with young men.
- Young(er) Dads – what’s your role?
- Mental Health – let’s talk.
- Teacher 5 A Day and being a wellbeing role model
We’ll have a number of presenters to provide a topic for discussion and a provocation or two and then we’ll have open discussions around the topics.
Please share in your network to spread the message…be quick, there’s only 200 spaces available.