New owners and management for National Careers Week
Aiming to become the ‘Google’ of careers education
UK 25th April 2016
A new consortium, of individuals and organisations today announces the acquisition of National Careers Week and Careersbox from Careersbox Limited. The consortia, to be known as NCW CIC. intends to expand the reach and influence of National Careers Week as a driver for improvement.
“We are really excited to be able to acquire NCW as it is a product we’ve been fully behind for a number of years and we look forward to expanding its reach and influence and thus improve the life chances of as many people as possible.”
The companies vision statement lists the following aims
· We are an organisation born of philanthropic desires of the directors to harness Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) to ensure that it has the maximum impact on society; promoting social mobility and providing the catalyst for people to be able to transform their own working lives
· Our aim is to be to careers what Google is to information – We aim to be the UKs biggest celebration and promoters of quality CEIAG.
· We believe in the power of CEIAG to be a driver of change within society, empowering people to take control of their own career management journey
The new directors of NCW CIC will consist of :-
· Nick Newman FRSA – The founder of National Careers Week;
· Stephen Logan an award winning teacher and assistant head.
· Andrew “Bernie” Bernard, Professional Speaker, CSR specialist, Workshop Designer and Owner of Innovative Enterprise
· Janet Colledge Careers Education Consultant and owner of Outstanding Careers, Council Member of The CDI and Board Member of the Quality in Careers Standard.
As part of the acquisition NCW CIC has acquired Careersbox and will continue to maintain current service whilst planning updates and a new fresher image.
Sponsors and legal status
As a community interest company, most of our profits will be reinvested to improve services and we acknowledge the commitment of our shareholders in coming together to enable the rescue of both NCW and Careersbox.
We will continue to seek sponsors for aspects of NCW and are currently in cordial dialogue with existing sponsors to communicate our ideas and vision.
We are very pleased to announce that the date for NCW 2017 has been set as 6th to 10th March 2017 Please keep watching the website for further exciting updates.